Weight Loss Update

Tuesday 10th April



Total weight loss 13lb!





Week one and I have lost 4lbs, I am very pleased :)
Week two and I have lost 9lbs how on Earth? :O


Sunday, 18 February 2007

Leftovers

I cooked roast pork for Sunday lunch. A lovely lean leg joint complete with crackling. Fortunately my parents came for lunch and ate the crackling and removed any temptation. I am always at a loss what to do with leftovers. Reheating in gravy is fine but a little dull and feels like the same meal twice. So inspired by Chinese New Year I decided to try a new recipe based on a combination of Char Sui and the WW classic of Diet Coke chicken

Chinese Barbecue Pork
Serves 4 - 5 pts each

11 pts lean roast pork
1 can diet cola
8 tbsp ketchup
3 tsp chinese five spice powder
2 tsp garlic granules
2 tsp chilli flakes
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 sliced red pepper
5-6 sliced mushrooms

Heat the cola, spices, soy and ketchup in a saucepan until it thickens and then allow to cool completely. Slice the pork, mushrooms and peppers and place in an ovenproof dish. Pour over the cooled sauce and cook in a moderate oven until the sauce is reduced, thick and sticky. The pork should be thoroughly hot. I prepared the sauce the day before to ensure that it was cooled properly.

Serve with rice or a jacket potato.

No comments:

A summary of dishes so far