Weight Loss Update

Tuesday 10th April



Total weight loss 13lb!





Week one and I have lost 4lbs, I am very pleased :)
Week two and I have lost 9lbs how on Earth? :O


Sunday, 29 April 2007

Halloumi

Isn't it nice when you discover something that you thought would be high in points is not as high as expected. This happened to me when out of interest I pointed halloumi cheese. Halloumi is a delicous cheese with a fabulous texture when cooked, it goes golden brown on the outside, and melts in the middle. It works particularly well in a salad with Mediterranean flavours. It has a very high melting point so is ideal for a barbecue and can be served on it's own with salad and a pitta.

It also takes on other flavours very well try it with chilli and lime sprinkled on before grilling. Or some fresh herbs.

We had in barbecued and served with salad and a sauce made from reduced tinned tomatoes, chilli, balsamic vinegar and dried oregano.

I bought light halloumi at 3.5 pts for 100g
The real stuff works out at 9 pts for 100g so well worth getting the light version

No comments:

A summary of dishes so far