Weight Loss Update

Tuesday 10th April



Total weight loss 13lb!





Week one and I have lost 4lbs, I am very pleased :)
Week two and I have lost 9lbs how on Earth? :O


Friday, 23 March 2007

Mushrooms



Anyone reading this blog will probably pick up on the fact that I like mushrooms. In fact virtuallt every meal on here contains them. They are so versatile and I always have them in the fridge. I add them to stews, soups and casseroles or stir fry them. They are also good raw in salads. One of the simplest dishes is a mushroom omelette and this one uses only 1.5 pts.

Mushroom Omelette
Serves 1 - 1.5 points per serving

50g mushrooms thinly sliced
1 whole egg
2 egg whites
Salt
Pepper

Fry the mushroom in an omelette pan with oil from a mister. Once the mushrooms are soft combine the egg and egg whites in a cup and season. Add this mixture to the pan and once it starts to set puch away from the sides so that the liquid egg will run to the edges and set. Cover the pan with a plate and leave until the egg mixture starts to set but is not firm. The lack of yolks means that the omelette will be very rubbery if overcooked.

Ease the omelette onto a plate and add more black pepper. Fold so that the still soft part is inside and serve.


No comments:

A summary of dishes so far