Weight Loss Update

Tuesday 10th April



Total weight loss 13lb!





Week one and I have lost 4lbs, I am very pleased :)
Week two and I have lost 9lbs how on Earth? :O


Friday, 23 March 2007

Venison


Venison is a really rich and tasty meat. As it is game it is very, very lean and so an ideal meat for dieters as a little goes a long way. I am very fortunate in that I live very near to one of the best venison farms in the UK. They also sell a lot of other game such as rabbit and the more exotic kangaroo, all of which are high in taste and low in fat. This is an ideal recipe for venison steaks or even beef if you cannot get venison.

Venison Steaks with Red Onion Marmalade
Serves 2 - 5pts each

3 medium red onion thinly sliced
10 g mustard seeds, (2 tsp)
2 teaspoon light brown sugar
2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
2 medium portion venison steaks
Salt and black pepper
2 tablespoon redcurrant jelly

To make the marmalade, heat the oil in a pan, add the onion, cover and leave to cook on a low heat for 15 mins. Add the mustard seeds and sugar and cook for a further 5 mins uncovered.. The onion should be softly caramelised. Stir in the balsamic vinegar and cook for 2 more mins until syrupy. Set aside to cool.

Season the steaks both sides with salt and pepper. Heat a frying pan with oil from mister until sizzling, add the steaks and cook for 5-8mins, turning occasionally, until browned. Set aside.

Add 3-4 tbsp of water to the pan, scraping up any bits, add the redcurrant jelly and swirl to dissolve. Serve the steaks, drizzled with the pan juices, a spoonful of relish and a selection of vegetables.

No comments:

A summary of dishes so far