Weight Loss Update

Tuesday 10th April



Total weight loss 13lb!





Week one and I have lost 4lbs, I am very pleased :)
Week two and I have lost 9lbs how on Earth? :O


Saturday, 20 January 2007

Roast Lamb

Sunday would not be Sunday in our house without the smell of roasting meat wafting around the house. I love roast lamb it has to be my favourite roast and it doesn't have to be that fatty. Leg of lamb is incredibly lean and has a wonderful rich flavour. Another bonus is that mint sauce is free so you can enjoy that too. This Sunday I roasted a leg of lamb and served it with dry roast potatoes, green beans, carrots,Yorkshire pudding and lashings of gravy. Sometimes I serve it with garlic and rosemary dry roasted potatoes or with creamy root vegetable mash.

Roast Lamb
1.5 pts per thick slice - 4 pts per 100g

Preheat the oven at 230°C. Roast in the preheated oven for twenty minutes, then turn the heat down to 200°C/gas 6 and continue roasting until the fat is golden and crisp and the meat is done as you would like it. Lamb needs about fifteen minutes per 450g /lb of meat, plus the initial twenty minutes, so for a 2kg roast you should start checking after the meat has been in the oven for an hour and twenty minutes. This will give you medium-rare meat, still juicy and quite pink in the middle. For more well done meat up the cooking time to 20 minutes per 450g/lb

No comments:

A summary of dishes so far